Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Introduction

Introduction

 I've been writing in diaries and note books since I was eight years old. 

Friends and family of mine joked about that I have a life like that of the movie character Forrest Gump: very random and full of surprises!  

They have been telling me for a long time that I should write a book about all my silly stories. Okay, nice idea: a biography, but where do you start with something like that? 

Should I, like Forrest Gump, sit on a park bench and tell my stories to random strangers? No, I think I’ll start with writing a blog... 

For example, on this blog I am going to tell you how about I ended up in the world of science without a university education, how I became second place at the national championships of living statues without ever having been a living statue before, how I wrote an orchestral music composition of 20 minutes without being able to read a note, how I gained access to the Pope's audience without being religious, how I survived my illness as a child, how I ended up on television shows and made a blunder for four million people and many more such nonsense.  


- Music Monday

- Travel Thursday

- Space Sunday

 

Yes, that sounds like a great idea. 

Let’s introduce myself to you. I’m Mireya, born on June 19th in 2000, in a little village in The Netherlands, called Beuningen. I have two cute cats. They are my kids. With my parents I have a good relationship. When I was younger we travelled around the world as a family. I have seen a lot of beautiful places. It's actually a shame that I've never been to Indonesia, cause I’m 25% Indonesian. My grandmother and her siblings were born in Indonesia and came to The Netherlands during World War II. 

As long as I can remember I love music, singing and doing creative stuff. My first performance was at age four and my first classical singing lesson at age nine, so yeah, that’s a pretty long time! I mainly sing classical (crossover) music, pop ballads, movie music, Celtic music, musical and symphonic / epic rock and metal.  

I have done a lot of concerts and I have been in several television shows. In 2017 I was in the German Got Talent show 'Das Supertalent' and in 2020 I was in the semi-finals of 'We Want More' in The Netherlands. 



Besides singing, I teached myself to play the piano a bit. I can’t read notes very well, only chords. When I wake up in the morning I turn on the music and when I go to bed there’s still music around me. Actually I’m addicted to it. 

When there’s good music on, my whole body and soul react to it. It’s like I’m hypnotized by the beautiful rhythms and harmonies. Also, music is kind of a meditation. It distracts my brain from thinking too much and it makes me come closer to myself and my emotions. 

Because I'm restless, I love being in nature and putting my headphones on, listening to great orchestral (movie) tracks. Two Steps From Hell, Epica, Nightwish, Jackie Evancho, Celtic Woman and André Rieu are my favorite artists to listen to.

 A production process can take months. I have amazing, talented, kind, crazy and supportive people around me. I’m so grateful!

 

Another interest of mine is astronomy and science. I’m really fascinated by all the mysterious objects in our universe. Although my high school career was kind of a mess, I graduated in 2020 (I don’t know how I did that actually, it's a miracle) and mathematics was always my favourite subject. Physics and chemistry are also very interesting. For my exam paper I received a recognition for a special achievement in physics. That sounds kinda cool, doesn’t it? Told you I’m a genius! No just kidding.  

As a sport I do archery. I have a wooden Celtic bow. It’s awesome. I’m a huge fan of fantasy and science fiction movies like LOTR and Hunger Games.

 


This is a little impression of what I’m doing in my life. On this blog I will write about cool, funny, amazing and maybe some sad stories. I’ll write about my career as a musician (the projects I’m working on), some travel stories, music, movies and much more stuff. I hope you'll enjoy it. Cause if you don't, you are stupid. Just kidding....

Anyway, I'll just show you why it's cool to be as awkward as I am. And of course, why I'm always right ... ;)

 

Reacties